Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Mission

As if surviving a last year at Oxford University wasn't enough, I recently discovered that I am in dire financial straits.

This is due in part to 1) highly irresponsible spending over the weekend in NYC; 2) a stipend check that won't arrive for another week; 3) an as yet unresolved insurance claim; and 4) generally being an income-less student. In addition to making it through the various bills, unexpected expenses and travel costs of this academic year, I also need to be saving for that wonderful day when I will return to the working world - and the moving costs, security deposits and down payments that will ensue.

It's enough to make an American girl tremble in her not so stiff upper lip. So instead of doing it on my own, I'll be sharing it with you. Hopefully, we'll make it through together and come out on the other side financially stable, employed, and holding a fancy graduate degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment